in Kuala Lumpur
- Merdeka Square�The site where the Malaysian flag was first raised in 1957. Aptly, today it's where the tallest flagpole in the world stands.
- Masjid Jamek�KL's oldest mosque sits right at the point where two rivers, the Kelang and Gombak rivers, meet�the birthplace of Kuala Lumpur.
- Sultan Abdul Samad Building � KL's most famous landmark bears testimony to the intricacies of Moorish design and architecture.
- Taman Tasik Perdana �The city's most popular park includes various recreational facilities and other attractions like the Orchid Garden, the Bird Park, the Hibiscus Park, the Butterfly Park, the Deer Park and Memorial Tun Razak.
- Petaling Street�KL's original Chinatown, where shopping is a whole new experience. The unmistakable Oriental atmosphere is evident particularly at night when petty traders spread out their wares along the street. It's the ideal place to test your bargaining skills. A must for any tourist.
- Central Market�Formerly a wet market, this building was spruced up as a retail gallery for budding craftsmen and artists. A unique place to venture and perhaps pick up curios and antiques for a bargain.
- National Museum�Trace the history of Malaysia in the biggest and one of the oddest museums in the country. Inspired by the unique style of Malay architecture.
- National Planetarium�One of KL's latest attractions, the planetarium offers visitors a better insight into mankind's new frontier, outer space. Don't miss the extraordinary lift ride that
will give you a spectacular bird's-eye view of KL.
- KL Tower �The third highest telecommunications tower in the world. It will offer visitors commanding view of KL and its surrounding areas.
- Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Memorial�Dedicated to the memory of 'Father of
Indcpcndence', the memorial showcases the many aspect Malaysia's first prime
minister. It offers visitors a deeper insight into the life a respected world leader and his
legacy that continues to inspire the present generation .
Malaysia Hotels & Resorts
Kuala Lumpur Travel Information